LThe mediation service is a link between the patient and the care providers, the mediators have a role to ensure continuity of care and intervene in prevention, care and support actions for people living with the care provider. HIV / AIDS to adhere in good way and comply with treatment and PMTCT.
1. Les activités de prévention
Awareness is a way of contributing to information because once the person knows his or her HIV status and accepts the disease, their attitude or behavior changes in their relationships with others.
- PTME PMTCT awareness is aimed at minimizing HIV transmission from mother to child. Information and education sessions on PMTCT during focus group sessions are conducted in the field and currently, 17 pregnant women and 53 children under PMTCT are being monitored at the YMS (Yezu Mwiza Service).
- Condom use Condom use has been the subject of many discussions between church leaders and health providers. For example, abstinence is a safe way to regulate births in couples, but in the context of HIV / AIDS, condom use is a way to limit new HIV infections, sexually transmitted infections and unwanted pregnancies in infected couples. Through IEC / BCC sessions, our YMS’s beneficiary couples understood the importance of abstinence and also the importance of using condoms to reduce co-infection.
2. Les activités de prise en charge psychosociale des PVVIH
The gateway to overall care is the result of screening. Pre- and post-test counseling activities are performed at the VCT.
If a person is diagnosed with HIV, they are cared for either at the YMS or elsewhere at their own discretion to receive psychosocial support, treatment and care. SYM operates in 16 sites in Bujumbura Province (Buhonga, Buterere, Gatumba, Gitaza, Kiriri Kinyinya, Karinzi, Kabezi, Maramvya, Mutumba, Magara, Mayuyu, Matara, Rukaramu, Ruziba and Rubirizi).
Descents of the mobile clinic are carried out each month, except the sites of KARINZI and MAYUYU where the descent is done once the 2 months.
On this occasion, group sessions of speech, therapeutic education, individual listening and individual delivery of the results of viral load or CD4 and home visits are made.
A total of 992 PLHIV including 695 women and 297 men are supported at the YMS, are on ART and receive psychosocial care services such as:
- Therapeutic education;
- Nutritional education;
- Talk group services with various themes;
- The home visits for sick patients or track the lost of views and abandonment;
- Hospital visits for hospitalized patients;
- The psychosocial and medical accompaniment of young people and teenagers both in school and non-school followed by the YMS;
- The accompaniment of HIV-positive and sero-discordant couples.
All of these activities contribute to the goal of adherence, adherence to treatment of positive living with HIV / AIDS in order to avoid cases of HIV / AIDS incidence.
©Copyright Service Yezu Mwiza 2019 All Right Reserved || Designed by NTSystems
SERVICE YEZU MWIZA ROHERO I, AVENUE BUBANZA N°15 B.P: 509 BUJUMBURA-BURUNDI (+257) 22 25 33 16/ 22 25 90 34 | firstname.lastname@example.org